Sunday, December 12, 2010

Living the dream

So, I have my first Rocky Mountain Dog Runner client and I couldn't be happier! It's a neighbor, but that counts, right? They have two large, sweet, excited dogs and since they travel a lot, they have hired me to walk/run/petsit for this week. I've been taking them for a run in the morning and a walk in the evening with love and food in between. After the first run, I came in the door, smiling and sweaty and announced "I'm getting paid for this!" I just love it and hope it continues.

The dogs pull me the entire run, so it's like running with my brakes on so I don't fall forward, but it's been great for my legs. I was thinking that my regular runs were a bit too "easy" and I needed a challenge, well, I got it. I had a hard time walking after the first session.

Now all I need is one or two more clients and I'm set. So, so happy and thank you to my wonderful friend and neighbor Emily who makes this possible by helping with my kids while I watch the dogs.

This couldn't have come at a better time as I struggled with the whole not working thing. Just what I needed to adjust my attitude for the holidays.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! It's a great job - and just perfect for you. Would be wonderful to be paid to work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeahoo! Glad to help and glad it's lifting your spirits. It really is the perfect fit. Dogs+workout+getting paid= happy Beth!
    XO

    ReplyDelete